Content Contributor

Contributors write and publish articles within their domain of expertise.

Content Contributors are the backbone of Olas. They create and share meaningful content, adding a mix of perspectives and knowledge to the platform. Their actions and contributions are directly influenced by an incentive system solely designed to produce accurate information.

Becoming a Content Contributor

Anyone with a passion for sharing knowledge and expertise can become a Content Contributor on Olas. To become a Content Contributor on Olas, an individual begins by registering on the site. After successful registration, they undergo the Unique Humanity Verification process to confirm their unique identity. After verification, they set up their profile, choosing a unique username and defining their primary and secondary specialities. Contributors have the right to remain pseudonymous if they choose.

Rights and Responsibilities

  1. Content Creation: Contributors are responsible for generating original, high-quality, and accurate content. The content should be well-researched and factually correct.

  2. Apply for Funding: Contributors can apply for funds through periodic funding rounds. During these rounds, they can receive donations from active donors. Based on the proportion of donations received, they are then matched with an amount via the quadratic funding mechanism. Once contributors secure funds in their accounts, these funds are locked. They can choose to stake a portion of these locked funds on their articles as a testament to the content's accuracy and quality. Post-evaluation by the judging panel, a percentage of the staked amount, corresponding to the article's score, becomes available to the contributor. For instance, if a contributor stakes $100 on an article and receives a score of 80%, then $80 of the staked amount is unlocked. The remaining 20% of the staked amount, which is $20 is then directed to the global pool.

  3. Judging Duty: When called upon, provide expertise in judging duties related to their specialities. They partake in judging panels as judges. It is obligatory for a contributor to partake in any judging panel they are selected for on their primary specialities. For their secondary specialities, a contributor must partake in one out of every three they are selected for. For every judging panel they participate in, a portion of their locked funds is staked. This mechanism ensures they have a vested interest in making honest and impartial judgments. If they do not adhere to the expected standards of integrity during the judging process, they stand to lose a portion of their funds acquired from the funding rounds, and this will also negatively impact their reputation score.


Content contributors, whether they be journalists, scientists or data providers or simply anyone with information they feel worth sharing, are incentivised to use Olas because they can expect to keep the vast majority of the economic value created by their work. This stands in great contrast to our current systems where media moguls and academic journals capture most of the value from the work of contributors. The tipping and royalty protocols ensure their most influential works will continue to earn for many years after they were first published

In the absence of a hierarchy, contributors can also speak their minds freely and not be constrained by the ideological and commercial considerations that often affect information provided to news and science platforms.

Since the system is entirely performance in information markets rather than salary-based, the best contributors can expect to prosper solely based on the quality of their output rather than having to try and compete with inaccurate populism.

Last updated